Gonzaga NT1230 Final Test Study Information
1 ) ) PowerShell is a great object-oriented development language and interactive command word line cover for Microsoft company Windows.
installment payments on your ) Windows 7 editions Windows 7, a major discharge of the Microsoft company Windows os, was available in six diverse editions: Beginner, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Supreme
3. ) Default Windows Explorer libraries вЂ“ connections, desktop, for downloading, dropbox, preferred, links, my music, my personal pictures, my own videos, saved games, searches
four. ) House windows Preinstallation Environment (also generally known as Windows RAPID CLIMAX PREMATURE CLIMAX, and WinPE) is a lightweight version of Windows utilized for the deployment of Personal computers, workstations, and servers, or perhaps troubleshooting an operating system while it is offline.
your five. ) User profile In a Home windows environment, a user profile is a record of user-specific info that define the user's working environment. The record can include screen settings, program settings, and network links.
6. ) Upgrade Consultant A down-loadable Web software that helps Home windows users identify which release of Glass windows meets the requirements, whether their PCs are prepared for a great upgrade to the next Windows type, and which features of the suggested Windows version should be able to run on their particular PCs.
six. ) The Master Boot Record (MBR) is the details in the initial sector of any hard disk or diskette that recognizes how and where an os is located in order that it can be footwear (loaded) into the computer's main storage or random gain access to memory.
almost eight. ) Candy striped Volume Drive striping can be used with redundant array of 3rd party disks (RAID). RAID can be described as storage system that uses multiple hard disks to store and distribute data. Up to thirty-two hard disks can be used with hard disk drive striping.
9. ) NTFS (NT file system; sometimes New Technology File System) is the file system that the House windows NT operating system uses for storing and retrieving files on a hard disk. NTFS is the Home windows NT equal of the House windows 95 data file allocation desk (FAT) as well as the OS/2 Top rated File System (HPFS).
10. ) OSI Unit Layers The Open Devices Interconnection style (OSI) can be described as conceptual model that characterizes and standardizes the internal features of a interaction system by simply partitioning that into hysteria layers. The model is actually a product of the Open Systems Interconnection project at the International Organization to get Standardization (ISO), maintained by identification ISO/IEC 7498-1. Physical (Layer 1) Data Hyperlink (Layer 2) Network (Layer 3) Transfer (Layer 4) Session (Layer 5) Display (Layer 6) Application (Layer 7)
10. ) Subnet mask The subnet mask is a binary pattern that may be stored in your customer machine, hardware or router. It is combined with the Internet protocol address of a bundle to determine which in turn network section the bundle is destined for.
doze. ) APIPA (Automatic Non-public IP Addressing) The House windows function providing you with DHCP car configuration handling. APIPA assigns a class B IP address from 169. 254. 0. zero to 169. 254. 255. 255 to the client when a DHCP server is either permanently or briefly unavailable.
13. ) Authentication is the means of determining whether someone or something can be, in fact , whom or what declared being. In personal and public computer sites (including the Internet), authentication is commonly performed through the use of log on passwords.
13. ) End user rights control the methods in which a user can easily log on to a system. User privileges are applied at the community computer level and allow users to perform responsibilities on a pc or a domain. User privileges include log in rights and privileges. Log on rights control who is authorized to log on to a computer and just how they can log on. Privileges control access to computer and website resources and may override accord that have been set on specific things. Privileges happen to be managed in Group Coverage under the End user Rights Task item.
12-15. ) Workgroup (computer networking) Workgroup is Microsoft's term for peer-to-peer local area network. Computers...